August 24, 2009

Salam Ramadhan 1430H

Ramadhann is here again. I like Ramadhan because I don't have to think what to eat for breakfast, and lunch. The only think is what to cook for iftar and sahur. I like the tarawikh also because it is a once a year affair. This year I try to start from the first day. So far for the last 3 days I am good. Haven't skip it yet. InsyaAllah, I am trying to do it as much as I could.

There are only 4 of us in the house who are fasting. Hubby, me, Ayin and Syia. My mak doesn't fast this year. She is getting quite weak now. Hardly walk or move anywhere now. She spends most of her time in bed. She even eat in the bedroom. The only place she walks to is the bathroom which is only 3 or 4 steps away.

I think she is on her way to become senile (nyanyok). Although she recognises people but many things escape her memories. Solat time is always out. We need to tell her what prayer she is performing and how many rakaat that is. You tell her just 2 minutes away, and she will be asking you again what is she performing. She also need to be bathed as well. It is like going back to become a child once again. For now, I don't have to feed her but I wonder if she will need to be fed later on.

When she is like this, I can see the attitude of my siblings. Who really care for her and who doesn't. Who comes and visit who hardly ask about her. Even those who come and visit may not even spend time to talk to her, just making sure that they show their face. The only regular one is my younger sister. She is here almost every week.

With the ramadhan already starting, I am also thinking of the Aidilfitri. This year is another year which I can't contribute financialy towards the expenses for the aidilfitri. It is a big burden on my husband because the relatives who comes to our house every year is mine. Hardly anyone from his side comes, so he is spending on my behalf. I don't know how long it's going to be anyway.

To all my Muslim friends out there
Salam Ramadhan, may this Ramadhan be the best for all of us.

AN

9 comments:

iekha said...

Assalamualaikum...

Selamat menunaikan ibadah puasa dan selamat menjalankan ibadah tarawikh wat mama.. :)

Kami mintak maaf sbb tak dpt nk blk awal ramadhan utk berpuasa ngan family kt umah...tp insyaALLAH masa nuzul Quran nnt kami blik... :)

Kirim Salam pada semua yer....

Kak Long :)

pawaka1 said...

selamat berpuasa

atiza said...

Aunty N..I don't think ur hubby wld mind..I believe he understands ur predicament with having to care for your frailing mom and all..

I wish I have the same steely will and courage as you. Being financially dependent after all these years of independence must have hurt your pride a bit but looking at ur mom conditions and having to care for her with ur own hands (as she did for u when u were small), is in fact a priceless investment..

salam ramadhan..

DeLinn said...

Aunty N

lama tak jumpa dan berborak dgn AN. Take care

Anonymous said...

selamat menyambut ramadhan aunty N (^_^)

AuntyN said...

iekha

Waalaikumussalam, dah puasa ka ni :-)

Don't worry, study comes first. Nanti balik nuzul Quran boleh pi beli baju raya kut hehehe.

Salam - mama

Pawaka1 : Same to you and family. Tahun ni raya kat mana Penang ka? Mai lah rumah no.

AN

Atiza : Hubby doesn't mind tapi I yang kesian kat dia. Kena tanggung semua. I wish my sibling would contribute more but they have their own problems too I guess.

It does hurt my pride a bit because I can't buy things I want to like last time hehehe. Shopping tu kena fikir panjang2 sikit lah hehehe.

AN

Delinn : Haah lah lama dah tak borak2 ekk. AN pun dah lama tak masuk blog Joe. Entah apa khabar kawan2 kat sana tu tak taulah.

Raya nanti sinssah lah bila nak balik Sintok tu.

AN

AuntyN said...

To Anon @27 August

Sorry AN terMiss your comment.

Thank you for your greeting. Awat tak etak nick name ? Senang AN nak address, Ifone ka,Wan ka? apa2 pun tak apa.

Salam ramadhan to you and family too.

AN

Anonymous said...

from:- 'Ifwan

salam Auntie N.. =)

pe kabar? arap2 Auntie N sht2 sentiasa hndaknye disamping family tercinta..aminnnn..

(^_^) time kasih komen blik...hihi

hee..maaf xletak name dlm komen sblum ni..

malu...hehe

pasni sy akn state kn identity sy, =)

best blog aunty ni...
happy bile bace..

bile bace psl maktok..
ksian sy dgr..
sy akn sntiasa doakn maktok agar diberi kekuatan, ksihatan yg baik serta diberi ingatan yg kuat kmbali..amin

akhirkata dr saya..

selamat menyambut ramadhan,
smoga sama2 kita dpt manfaat dr bulan yg berkat ini..

-jazakallah-

Rintusir cuttack said...

These types blogs will encourage our self to get knowledge about this types. Thanks looking for more good techniques..and thanks for sharing this most important information..... . I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Quran