May 08, 2009

There is Always A First Time For Everything

Lama jugak tak update ni. Bukan apa pun, seminggu lepas tak ada connection kat rumah. So melilau jugak lah aku ni sebab tak dapat nak berinternet. Jadinya aku pun mula masuk internet cafe.

For the last few years I have been active on the internet, blogging or otherwise, I have not used the service of the internet cafe. But recently, when I had no connection at home, and I no longer have the choice of going into the world wide web from the ofice, I had to give the internet cafe a try.

There are not many nearby my home actually. The one I went to was where I was waiting for Ayin to have her tuition. You see, Ayin, my form 5 daughter has 2 nights of tuition in the Kepala Batas/Bertam area. It's about 15 km from my home. My routine for those nights would be to join the solat isyak jemaah at the nearby masjid. After that I would then wait for her in the car in front of the tuition center. This week, I cannot enter the mosque, so I decided that the best thing to do is to lepak at the internet service center/cafe.

Not to bad actually, because, I get to read articles, emails, even reply to comments for the blog. I guessed the younger generations that frequented the cafe must be wondering "apa makcik ni buat kat cyber cafe ni ekk?" Don't care lah, what they think. Even Ayin was laughing at me when I told her that I was "lepaakking" at the internet cafe. She must have thought that her mother is so "ketagih" with the internet sampai sanggup masuk cyber cafe. But then again, the place that I went was an open place, it was not a cafe actually. It only provides the internet service. Even games is not allowed there. There were only 8 pcs there. The main business is more of photostating, bingding, laminating etc.

I have been to another one which is also not a cafe but, this one is a full fledge internet service shop. Still not a cafe because they provide food. This one has two types of rate, RM1.50 per hour if you want to use it in the open common area, with no air cond, or RM2.00 per hour if you want to use the airconded room which has cubicles around the pc, ensuring privacy for the user. Very nice. This facility provides headphone to every pc and games are allowed.

My friend's husband is also operating an internet kiosk similar to the first one. He is somewhere in Kulim. His service is also around RM1.50 per hour due to the competion which had set-up after him in the area.

Another reason for visiting the so called cyber cafe is that I was very much interested in setting one myself. People say that if you want to do a business, do something that you have a lot of passion for. I know that I have lots of passion for the internet hehehe. I am just scouting. Not sure what and how it is going to turn out yet. In the days of recession it is very difficult to start and maintain a business. You can ask any new or would be entreprenuer or even those who have been in business right now. business is slow, and to start a new business is like almost impossible to get any financing.

To get the so called government grants are almost impossible. You may need to pocket out your own money to get those grants too, if you know what I mean. So how do we blame people for resorting to go to "alongs" for business capital. Sometimes they just have to as a last resort.

Anyhow, it's been over 2 years that I have become a full time stay at home mom/wife etc. I think my husband is getting fedup of seeing me at home without any contribution to the family financially. Alhamdulillah he is still working. I may have to start finding something soon, I guess.


Anyone can offer me a part time job which I can do from home? Maybe, typing work or whatever. I am open for suggesstion.

Yesterday, I was visited by PS my former colleuage. She is working in KL right now, and she said that she has tented her resignation. And you know what she is going to do? Going to sell nasi lemak in Kajang area somewhere. Her office work provides good money but, she couldn't stand the pressure anymore. Well, all the best to her and friends in their nasi lemak business. You may be asking me to do the same here, sell nasi lemak in fromt of my house maybe?, I can tell you I will be competing with so many around the corners of the streets here. Almost every corner here have a nasi lemak stall. I don't want to add another one. Nanti, it will become more of a charaty then a business for me.

That's all for my rambling this time.

Whatever it is, there is always a first time for something, if it's good just take it. Don't have to be shy about it. I am also learning something new every day.

3 comments:

iekha said...

Assalamualaikum...

Selamat Hari Ibu buat mamaku yg tersayang...

maaf iekha xda kt sana nk celebrate mother's day ngan mama...

semoga panjang umur n dimurahkan rezeki..

*p/s kalo ader masa sila lah lawat blog iekha ni..

AuntyN said...

Thank you

Sat mama nak buat posting on Mother's day OK.

OK sat mama visit. Nak mama promote ke? hehehe

iekha said...

nk promote?...

boleh gak...

hehehe...

Thank You..