This type of entry had been swinging from one blog to the other. They called it"meme" and some called it tagging. I first read it from Ewok/DZ blog. Later Kak Teh and MakAndeh tagged me. With Kak Teh's achievements and MakAndeh's colourful life, I think mine would be a very boring subject. So if you are going to fall asleep half way through reading this, please move on OK.
Looking back, I think my life is not full of suprises. It has been a good life. No major problem, health or otherwise. Alhamdulillah, I am not tried in those form by Allah. To go more into detail here goes;
1) I was in all girls residential school down south. Travelled by train for more than 12 hours per trip to the school or back home.
2) Learnt to be independent, had to rely on my own self for any decision.
3) Parents were having marrital problems. Managed to escape because I was in the hostel.
4) After SPM entered ITM (now UiTM), from 77 to 79.
5) Learnt the meaning of boy-girl relationship when a friend of elder brothers approached me. He had just came back from overseas and already started working. Told me that he proposed to me when I was 10!!!. Couldn't remember that at all, but maybe because I was naive and kesian accepted him to be my boyfriend.
5) Broke off the relationship after a few months. Couldn't take the pestering of committing into marriage since I wanted to study. I was young and didn't want to be tied down. Thought that I would not be able to handle studies and marriage at the same time. Tak de jodoh (Nasib baik kalau tak sekarang dah bercucu dah, hehehe).
6) At the end of the final year in ITM, "mengorat" current hubby and went steady hehehe
1) Entered and graduated from USM (1980 - 1984)
2) Entered the job market.
First job was a tutor in Chemistry School in USM. First gaji was RM1100 (not bad at all) But stayed for only 2 months plus because I was taking the dean's advise to make it as only a stepping stone.
Second job was a chemist in a factory. Salary was RM850 only. But looking at the prospect and the challenges in the manufacturing I accepted it. Those days time were good. Factory was doing well, bonus was between 2 to 4 months every year. Those were thedays!!
3) Got engaged to uncle Z at the end of 1984. Married a year later Dec 1985 (20 years already you know !!!). He was in KL I was in Prai. So no Hindi movie's drama during the engagement, everything went well.
4) Got married at the end of 1985, Kak Long was born in 1987, Angah was born in 1989.
5) Still working in the same place, but now feeling the tension of being discriminated. When an opportunity for promotion to Asst. Mgr was available, I was not promoted eventhough I was a senior and work as hard as others.
1) Could no longer take the stress in the same company, after almost 11 years, changed line into Quality Engineering. Got a job in the Building & Construction company as an Asst, Mgr.
2) After a year the country was going into recession, Building and Construction was very badly hit. Above all because of the high rate of corruption and foul play in the industry a lot of company went bust. The same fate occured to the company I was in. I managed to get out before I was laid off. I wouldn't get any benefit because I was only 1 year in service for the company.
3) Was lucky that a friend (Chinese lady) was looking for someone to replace her. She was transferred from Quality to Material in an electronic manufacturing concerned. Went for an interview and got the job. The position was Quality Engineer. In term of position it was a demotion but salary wise, no reduction from the B&C company.
4) After 1 year in the electronic company (wasn't able to get along with the boss), found an opening in the current company as a Quality Manager. Alhamdulillah, I was accepted. Joined the current company in Sept 1997.
4) Two more kids (again girls) arrived in 1990s (Ayin in 1992 and Syia in 1994).
5) Had no maid for a short while, had to struggle with 3 small kids and trying to earn a living. Someone said her house was like a pig-stye (sp?), I was there and done that too.
6) Had a chance to travel long haul for the first time to Italy on business trip.
7) Managed to succesfully set-up the Quality system in the current company. Turned the factory from a havoc state into a really process orientated factory. The boss is so proud of the factory from then on had always tried to get as many customers and corporate people to visit the factory. (That's keep me busy all the time even nowadays)
1) Had a chance to travel more, on business, on holiday and performed the umrah. Alhamdulillah.
2) The Operation Manager left, I was appointed to take over. Learn new skill from Quality to Planning and Operations.
3) Last year 2004, my late father was not feeling well. Took care of his needs until 10 Sept 2004.
4) This year discovered and serious into blogging.
5) Make a lot of new friends in the cyber world.
My aspiration for the next years to come.
1) I am 47 years old, hope to be able to work for another 8 years so that I would be able to cash in the retirement benefit (Then can go for a round the world trip with hubby, "berangan lagi")
2) Hope to perform Haj with hubby within the next 2 years (hopefully before I am 50)
3) Hope to be able to start a business venture soon to sustain life after retirement (from boredom and also for the children education. My youngest will only be 18 by then).
4) Other than that hope and pray if I were to live long, I will be granted a healthy life, not senile or become an invalid.
5) Hope before I die I would be able to pay all my debt (to the person alive as well as those required by Allah, solat, puasa, zakat, haji etc)
Just to add,
My biological age is 47, I look 37, young at heart as a 27 year old, and the voice of a 17 year girl (Perasan nye hehehehehe)
Well, that's the story of my life. Tell me yours.