November 07, 2005

After Raya Blues

Today is monday, supposedly we (hubby and I should be going to work). So why am I still typing this entry?. Gian agaknya ni kut, hehehe. Not exactly, hubby has already gone to work. Last night when asked whether he would be going to work this morning he said most likely no. "Malas" was his answer. But this morning when I asked again he said yes he is going. So, I had to ironed his clothes this morning for him to go to work. Why didn't do last night?

Yesterday, after days of "memerap" at home, hubby and his siblings planned to visit their parents graves. You all will asking why we didn't go on the first day right? This is why. My MIL passed away in 2001, she was laid to rest in Butterworth. FIL passed away more than 20 years ago, I didn't have the pleasure of knowing him. I think he passed away when I and hubby were in USM, he was laid to rest in Penaga. They are about 10 KM apart. If we (hubby and I ) visited the graves on the first day, we would not be in time to come back to our house before the house guests strated to arrive. So we convoyed 3 cars (hubby's MPV, mine and BIL's). Meeting place was at BIL's, which is former MIL's home in Butterworth. See, that's why I had no problem about where to spend raya each year. Our houses are not too far away, within the same state.

Planned was to move out from BIL's house at 9.00 am. When my family arrived at BIL's home, we were told that the eldest SIL (Kak Maz) was having stomach problem. We had to wait for her to arrive from her son's house in Bayan Baru. When they finaaly arrived, there were 2 other cars arrived at the same time. Hubby's old neighbours and childhood friend arrived. Had to layan of course, sopan santun budaya Melayu, sure kena layan kan. Finally after they left we were out of the house. It was already nearly 12.00 noon. When we arrived at MIL's grave, lucky for us the whether was not very hot, we said our prayers, sprinkled water on the graves and "tabur" flower petals on the graves of MIL and her other family members.

Next we moved to Penaga. Arrived at the graves almost 1.00 pm. Repeat the same thing and left for the cousin's house nearby. Hubby's cousin had prepared lunch for us. Nasi daging, with daging rebus cicah air asam, yummy ekk? We stayed there until about 3.00 pm and then off to Sungai Petani, to hubby's 2nd sister who has just received a new cucu. Stayed the rest of the afternoon there. On the way home, we took hubby's eldest and 3rd sisters and their family to our house first. It was late at night before hubby send them back to BIL's place.

Hubby this morning, could not find his specs. He said he had it in his pocket just before he went out of the door. He came in and out of the house, 3 times still we could not find the specs. I helped to find as well, traced his steps to the kitchen because he said he went there just now. After the 3rd trip into the house, I finally located his specs for him. It was in the dustbin, near the toilet door. It was there amongst the tissues and papers which I had put in a plastic bag before I took out the garbage. How come it's there? He dropped it when he bent down to take his shoes.

Me, since I woke up, I had been to the small room 6 times already. It is entirely my fault. Since I had been eating so much food, last night before I went to sleep I took a glass of Phyto fiber to help me cleanse off my system. So that's what happened. I called the office, to tell them I'll be late. I just want to be sure, I don't drive with an awful urge to go to the toilet.

Most of you all are already back at work by today, routine will set in pretty soon.
Have a GOOD monday everyone.

18 comments:

anedra said...

AuntyN! Selamat Hari Raya!! Am in the office already! Sedihhhh!! TAK NAK KERJAAAAAAAAA!!

Anonymous said...

he..he.. kena pegi kerja ye kak N, takpe dah sakan dah beraya tu? Selamat Hari Raya

AuntyN said...

Anedra : sama lah, semua orang tak nak kerja hari ni hehehe

cm : every good thing must come to an end, hehehe

Bergen said...

Good to read your entry again.

Anonymous said...

Kak N,

Yeah.. back to work today, and report to duty to my new boss (trasferred from support to project office).

And today I return to work with a sore throat with I think a begin-to-swell anak tekak since I can feel pain everytime I swallow anything - including plain water. Adehhh.... bahana terlebih rendang ni... not to mention bab sakit perut tu (since Friday but dah ok dah yesterday).. hmm..

shidah said...

I'm in the office too :) Selamat Hari Raya AN ....

Queen Of The House said...

AuntyN ... I hari ni datang kerja macam tak datang kerja. Still no mood to work, baik cuti je, kan?

Anonymous said...

Kak N

Slamat Hari raya. Malas tul saya nak gi keja ari ni. Rasa cam nak ponteng. heheh..tapi tak bleh aa..keje banyak after one week holiday. Bila nak buat open house jemput kami2 yg rajin dok bagi komen sini? hehe...

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunty, so the tired one.

anggerik merah said...

AuntyN, nice to hear from you again. Semua orang not in the mood of working back in Msia. Me, no choice but to kick my brain and body to continue with work...hehehe. Furthermore in my group I m the only one celebrate eid.

AuntyN said...

bergen : same here, good to see you too.

audra : sian dia sakit tekak tu. Pergi kedai sinseh beli ubat lah yg ada asam boi & gula batu or something like that..

Shidah : sama2 ye.

Jin oh Jin... malas nak layan ko lah hehehe...

QOTH : Kat ofis hari ni pun sunyi jugak tu...

norahelena : laa. Aunty tak buat special open day lah, first day raya tu lah sapa yang nak datang datang masa tu.

ailin : same with me, hari ni rasa macam tak nak kerja je tu

Anggerik : Sabar je lah ye...

Ni said...

hi auntyn, saya start keje hari selasa. SEmalam (isnin) baru nak gerak dari MIL's house kat Perak. Alhamdulillah tak dak jem kat highway sbb ramai org dah balik on Saturday & Sunday

Anonymous said...

hi auntyn, selamat hari raya..

patutnya semalam lagi dah kerja tapi mc sbb nurin tak sihat, hari dtg kerja pun lengang lagi, lab ni, cuma ada 3 org out of 10!

bila nak citer pasal BBQ?

Arena said...

Asm
aunty...arena kat rumah lagi sampai rabu..khamis baru kejer.patutnya rabu dah masuk tapi demam dan batuk pulak..kepala pon pening.. wah happening sunggoh raya aunty..sronok pulak.

Anonymous said...

kelmarin pun, saya ter'buang' kunci opis dlm basket..tak tau macam mana bleh ada dlm tu, luckily 1 of the staff know that i am looking for that keys since yesterday..kalau tak jumpa kan, depa nak kena ganti balik semua kunci2 dlm library nih..teruk kan?

AuntyN said...

Ingatkan I sorang je yang tak de mood nak kerja, rupanya ramai jugak lah tu. Kat ofis ni pun Isnin lengang, yang tak ambik cuti pun tak datang. Ramai jugak yang demam tu ye...

Citer pasal BBQ tu nanti lah bila gambar dah siap baru best nak cerita, OK. :-)

AuntyN said...

JB : sedih nye dengar tu, sabar OK?

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Ultram 100mg